The copyrighted work in the public domain may be used freely, however, the author should always be recognized as such and the work should not be modified so as to affect the author’s honor or reputation.
The works enter the public domain when:
- The protection period ends
- The author is not known and the work is part of the folklore or tradition
- The author has expressly waived the economic rights on the work
- It is foreign and is not protected in the country
- The author has died without heirs or beneficiaries