The definitions are quite simple and can be identified immediately:
- Trade name: represents the name of the company
- Logo (emblem): represents the image of the company
- Sign: represents any visible sign used to identify the commercial venue
- Trademark: represents products and/or services from an undertaking
- Slogan: is a phrase that can represent both the trademark and the trade name.
Sometimes the name identifying the business is the same one use for products and/or services or the logo of the company can be used in the products and/or services, however only one kind of registration will not suffice on these scenarios. It is always advisable to register each distinctive sign for the intended purpose.